The government provides funding to improve the provision of physical education (PE) and sports in primary schools. This funding is jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport and will be allocated to head teachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. This money will be used to benefit all children regardless of their sporting ability.
At Livingstone Road Primary Federation we are passionate about physical education and the benefits it brings to our children. Our goal is for ALL pupils to leave our schools physically literate and with the knowledge, skills, and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
At Livingstone Road Primary Federation we are using our sport premium money to improve the five key indicators:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles.
- The profile of PE and sport is being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge, and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sports.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sports.
Our goal is to raise standards in PE and school sports, increasing participation and opportunities for all our children.
We aim to provide high-quality lessons and learning for all.
Infant School: Sports Premium Expenditure 2022-23
Junior School: Sports Premium Expenditure 2022-23
For more information on how PE and Sports Premium Funding is allocated and spent by schools please visit: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pe-and-sport-premium-for-primary-schools